Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fun little surprise

This morning I did some contract work for an agency in town. While I was giving the presentation, Chris and the boys got the mail. In our mailbox was a video of waiting kids from our agency. On it was our girl, E.!

G.J. called my cell phone to tell me (although he was so excited I couldn't understand him). By the time I got home they had watched it countless times and made a copy of it. The clip of her is very short, and all she says is her name. But it is so good to see her and hear her voice! She looks older already. Her smile and beautiful eyes are captivating, and Chris and I were both immediately relieved that we had done our dossier so quickly. If she was still waiting, I have no doubt she wouldn't be waiting for long. It was the first time Chris had seen her other than pictures - pretty powerful to hear your daughter speak for the first time.

Somehow she became a bit more real to us today. We are all so excited to go get her!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic. I am so happy for all of you.
"Let the peace of Christ rule in your heart, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful."
Colossians 3:15
Malissa

Julee said...

Is she on the June 08 AAI DVD? WE got it this week. I just recently just signed up for your blog and enjoy it. I can;t tell if you are with AAI or another agency. We have many adopted kids, including 8 from Ethiopia and adopting again. Just started homestudy update.

Many blessings, Julee Feser

Michelle Riggs said...

How wonderful that you are adopting an older child. We brought home a 9 year old from Ethiopia a few months ago. She has been an incredible blessing.