Wednesday, April 29, 2009

She's Coming !


So in 17 days, Chris, Chris' mom Margie, and G.J. will be on a plane to Ethiopia! We are all so excited for them to meet our little E. She has no idea of all the changes coming to her little life, or how much we have been longing to have her physically fill her place in our family. The tickets have been purchased, but other than that, in our usual style, nothing else has been done :)

Unfortunately between now and then we also have our 10th anniversary, Chris' birthday, Mother's Day, lots of baseball games, and a memorial service back home. How are we going to squeeze in a trip to Africa to pick up a precious new daughter???!!! We'll make it all work, we always do...

As I think about this next phase we are about to start - of helping a little girl feel secure in her new family (not to mention how Ethiopia will change Chris, Margie, and G.J.'s hearts), I decided to steal this Matthew West video from a good friend's blog (hope you don't mind, Kimberly!).

The words to his song, ring so true to how I'd like to live my life. I get so frustrated with myself when I feel like I'm "going through the motions". I expect so much more of myself. I'm looking forward to the conversations Chris and I will have after he experiences Ethiopia. Who knows what may come next?

I love this video. Enjoy!


4 comments:

Rachael said...

Congrats on bringing your precious little one home! What an exciting time for you! I was wondering if you were taking picture requests? If so, would you be willing to take pictures of our baby boy Mekonen? He is about 3 months old. We'd love to see some new pics! Good luck with your travels!! Cant wait to see pictures on your blog of your new family!

Selah said...

Carrie: it is getting so close now:) Do you think Chris would mind taking our paperwork to Bingham for us? It is quite a stack to mail or fax. If it is too much let me know:) Thinking of you lots...K

Andrea Hill said...

Praise God. That little girl is such a joy and I really enjoyed holding her while I was in ET picking up mine. Can't hardly wait for your whole family to be together.

Anonymous said...

What an exciting time for you. Just a little over a year ago we were in Ethiopia. You have made a lot happen in one year! Congratulations on your growing family.