E.R. loves for things to be dramatic. I often do too. So together we have lots of fun when something strange happens.
We got home from taking the boys to school and our faithful border collie/black lab was waiting for us in the driveway, all wet. Now she is ALWAYS in the warm, dry house. We have a fenced yard and she is not normally out front. She was VERY happy to see us, and very ready to get inside the house. As I was unbuckling E.R. I very animatedly asked her what was going on? Why was Kaia outside? Why was Kaia all wet? When did she sneak out? Etc. This is a normal conversation for us when a mystery is before us.
But today was different. Her eyes got big as she thought through all the possible reasons. Then instead of babbling back in her Amharic/English about what she thought, my Ethiopian-born 2 year-old, home for 4 months, looked at me, shrugged and said clearly in English,
"Just because."
No comments:
Post a Comment