The morning was mostly waiting around for preparations to go home. Another family joined us in our room with their very young baby. So we decided that E.R. would have her procedures done elsewhere since there was no way the baby could sleep through E.R.'s screaming.
Chris took her to have her I.V. taken out. I had to give her dose of medicine in the hall, and her cast had to be re-done elsewhere. Ah - the challenges of having a really loud little girl! There was some miscommunication between the staff about how E.R.'s cast was to be done, so we had to have it re-done twice. I took her the 2nd time. Chris needed a break by then. We had our discharge meeting in the hall, since E.R. was still whiny and loud, and by then we were SO ready to go home!!
Chris, E.R., J.T. and I headed out. It was amazing to have this over. It had been a year since the phone call that changed all of our lives. Today was exactly 6 months to the day that Chris, Gabe, and Margie met E.R. for the first time. And here we were, completely done with the surgery we had been anticipating and worrying about for the last year. It was rough, but as always, it could have worse. And we survived!
No comments:
Post a Comment