Before I write my thoughts, Angel did a spectacular job on her ideas with chapter one. Just click on the title of this post, and you will be taken to Angel's post. If you are still finishing chapter one, maybe this will give you a little extra to think about. If you haven't gotten the book yet, she quotes quite a bit of it, so you can feel like you're participating even if you haven't read it. It helped me since the book was sold out around here!
There are other people also writing as they read, and Angel is trying to link to their thoughts too, so there is a community of people thinking about the same "next steps" as we are.
Enjoy!
2 comments:
Carrie, I just love your blog and your entries about your journey to Etiopia. You couldn't capture your thoughts any better. I know only to well how your heart is grieving for ET and the children. Last July, I went by myself 3 weeks to Zambia and worked at Samaritan Orphanage with 80 orphans. When I just read about your bookclub with Angel, I was thinking of you and her. I too have read the book by Kay Warren and spefically remember the part where Kay's girlfriend Elizabeth emailed her and said "I am gloriously ruined". And Kay says, "that is it", "I am gloriously ruined. You are so blessed to share this adventure you went on with your friend Angel. It is hard for anyone to feel the way you are feeling right now unless they were with you on your journey in ET. Since I went by myself last year, it was hard for me to have my family and friends feel the same emotions as I did. I was forever changed. Almost a year later my heart is still in Africa. I would love to talk to you sometimes by email.
Andrea,
I can imagine you feel as I do, still. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the book, your trip, and also on what has changed for you over this year. Angel, and many others, and I became friends on the trip, but almost all of us signed up on our own. I was the only one from my state. So I also know how it feels to go through it alone. The internet sure makes the world smaller, and it helps to find kindred spirits, even when they are far away. I'd love to chat more when you have time. - caco523@yahoo.com
--Carrie
Post a Comment