We have good friends over at Our Precious Jewels that have shared so much of the last 10 years with us. We have been friends through so much of life and so many stages in our marriages and families. We share the same passions around what God expects of His followers in our communities and the world. They have encouraged and challenged us. Their faith is an inspiration to everyone around them, and the depth of their yearning to follow God's direction is humbling to witness. We have shared joy, tears, confusion, surprises, births, foster placements, and adoptions. I told Maria once I was worried that someday we'd have 8 kids each (and then we'd never be able to finish a conversation)! They are the kind of friends you hang onto because they have truly become part of our family.
They have the happiest news today and it makes my day to celebrate with them. They have been through a very long journey to adopt their fourth child. Many twists and turns, and 2 trips to Africa. The journey is almost over since the long-awaited passport is finally in my friend Maria's hands. We can't wait to meet this precious child whose life was saved by "willing hearts" in Ghana. I can't wait to see what God has planned for this boy, because I am positive it will be amazing...
We are so happy that he is about to come home!
No comments:
Post a Comment