Day 8 - 5/30
It was so nice to have Chris home on Saturday! The morning was a bit frantic trying to get everyone ready for the baseball games, but we made it to the fields just as M.C.'s game was starting. It was really too hot to have the little kids there, but I didn't realize that until we were already there. We made it through M.C.'s game with crackers and juice for E.R. She had several tantrums, all related to wanting something she couldn't have, and the heat, I think. J.T. slept well in the double jogger, which helped since Chris helps out with G.J.'s team. E.R. sat in the double jogger for the ride out to the game, but then didn't want to go back in until we left.
We were all exhausted by the time we got home. Chris and I were sunburned, but all the kids were fine. We had a quiet evening in the basement, trying to survive the heat.
While I was cooking dinner, E.R puttered around the kitchen. To my surprise, I heard her say a cheerful "Hi!" I looked down and she was talking to me! I hadn't heard her say that before, so I smiled and returned her "Hi!" To my astonishment, she said, " how are you?" I said "fine, how are you?" She replied, "fine" ( with a little trouble getting out the "n"). I can't remember the last time I was that surprised! I started to wonder how old this little kid actually is...
4 comments:
carrie, I have so enjoyed reading about your adjustment with your new daughter. I can't believe she sings in Amharic and that she is talking so much in english. she was always so quiet when I was there, although I do have pictures of her doing her sock on the head trick. what a cutie! did you keep her ethiopian name?
we hope to travel in a couple of weeks to get our sweet baby, but having some issues with the embassy. they can't find our visa approval.
hugs, Lynn
Carrie,
I love reading about how E. is doing. I met her while in Ethiopia as did my mom and mother-n-law and we all fell in love with her. By the end of my visit she was blowing kisses, but still very reserved. I know the Lord has amazing plans for her, and I'm so thankful to be able to follow her journey. We are preparing to bring home our baby girl from Ethiopia in less than two weeks. I had taken several photos of E. with her nannies (one in particular) and I am going to bring them copies so they can forever remember your sweet girl. Thank you so much for taking the time to blog in the midst of all you have going on. Your words of wisdom are much appreciated. Please keep them coming!
God Bless,
Courtenay
Hi CARRIE
Your friend Lynn{Wubeski's Mom}told our little yahoo group about your blog, and that you where the ones who adopted Edelewit.We are the parents of Abdurahman{{was the good buddy of Edelewit!!}}And when I heard that you where keeping a journal of E.R.'s adjustment I had to read it!Abdu is 16 months, and the adjustment phase has been harder than I expected.;;!!}}}
I really know what your saying about"how old is this kid"???!!!Abdu is so smart,I would think he was 2 except he is smaller than a two year old, and just finished cutting his 1 year mollers.
I'm so glad to get this window into Edelewits life, I plan to continue to check your blog to see her(and your ) progress.
Blessings, Jenny L.
Okay, let me just say for the record that I think YOU my friend Carrie are AMAZING!!!! I LOVE following along on your journey, on the ups and downs of your attachment journey with E - all of which I KNOW you are handling phenomenally!!!
And oh WOW ... either your beautiful new daughter is a GENIUS or her age is off a bit ... :) I read your last post and just about fell off my chair ... she said a full sentence (already)!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!
And OH - can I relate to the tantrums (as you know) ... Ella's tantrums are whiny or crying in form (NO screaming - God knew my heart & LIMITS)& her tantrums are EASILY redirected/she is easily calmed down!! PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!
Although just FYI I can't remember the last time Faithie screamed - another PRAISE GOD ... and now a hug will totally de-escelate her and calm her down!!!!
Sending lots of LOVE your way!
Maria
Post a Comment