Wednesday, March 19, 2014

New: Pacific Northwest Post Adoption Resource Blog

I have been working in adoption with Bethany Christian Services for the past 4 years.  I enjoy getting to know families and writing homestudies.  I LOVE getting to meet the kids we have all been working towards and longing for, once they are placed.  Providing post adoption support to families is possibly my favorite part of adoption work - if there could be a favorite part... It is an honor to be a small part of the process and to help families as they adjust to a new member.  I have met some of the people I respect most in my life through Bethany, and have seen miracles happen not only in the adoption process, but within families.

I have been helping out part-time since our move up north and it looks like I will be a more regular part of the foster care adoption team at Bethany, which I am really looking forward to!  We have a brand new branch director, Paulette Caswell, that we are all thrilled about.  She brings TONS of experience and passion to our agency branch here in Washington and Oregon and we have already witnessed the blessings her leadership brings to our work.  Paulette has worked in foster care adoption in California and Washington and knows just about everything there is to know about resources and how to access them.  She used to publish a post-adoption resource newsletter during her years working for Washington state.  She has decided to start a blog and hopes it will grow to be a very helpful resource for families.  I am adding it to my resources list on the side bar and wanted to share it:
Pacific Northwest Post Adoption Resource blog

No comments: