I haven't been in that store for years and the immediate onslaught of interesting things hit me as we walked through the door. So many things I had no idea I needed, let alone had been invented! As I was pointing out fascinating things, J.T. was hanging onto the side of the cart, clearly overwhelmed by the immensity of options for sale around him.
My delight was cut short when after about 2 minutes in the store I heard an instruction that I say to several of my kids fairly often but I've never had anyone say to me. J.T. looked at me and firmly said, "FOCUS, Mom!"
I looked at him in surprise as I saw that at least 3 people looked over at us to see what kind of mom would need her four year-old to keep her on track during a shopping trip. I wanted to explain to them that I don't get out much, but somehow I knew that would not make things better.
Sometimes I wish kids didn't listen to me...
| J.T.'s selfie |
No comments:
Post a Comment